Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Early Chris Rock

Well, look what I figured out. Not sure I'll be able to duplicate it but for the time being I managed to get some private video added. I think it'll be a good addition to the blog.

I've been going through my VHS collection. Man, I used to tape a lot of comedy (and other stuff) off the TV, some of it good, some of it bad, some of it boring. But over time, everything seems fascinating. I thought I'd share some of what I find here. Seems as good a place as any.

Here's an early appearance by Chris Rock on the Arsenio Hall show. I haven't seen this on YouTube so maybe this is the only place to find it. I know there was a mini-documentary on Rock from the same era floating out there now but this wasn't part of it. I love the old references. Let's just say you won't hear to many Miles Davis jokes these days. Stick around to the end when Arsenio has to move along very quickly from Rock talking about Johnny Carson. Classic.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome clip. Youtube would probably drop it over some stupid copyright nonsense, I'm rapidly falling out of love with that site... I believe Chris gave Mike Tyson and Hulk Hogan as examples of celebrities he wouldn't rip on. Made me think of The Hangover, if you haven't seen that movie yet give it a look. Best surprise cameo since Zombieland.

Jude