Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Feb. 16: Shirley Gnome

Shirley Gnome (Alex
Waterhouse photo)
It's Valentine's Day weekend so it's only fitting we've got Shirley Gnome back for her second visit. Unfortunately, I won't be there. I'm sick as a proverbial dog as I write this. But the show must go on! I've enlisted the aid of Dino Archie to serve as guest host. He did such a good job of interviewing me a couple years ago, now he gets a chance to interview a real guest. Both he and Shirley crushed at the CFRO fundraiser back in November so it'll be good to have them together again. What they'll talk about, I don't know. But I do know Shirley played the famed Edinburgh Fringe Festival last summer to rave reviews and she was featured on Global News a day or two ago for her Valentine's Day show at Little Mountain Gallery. And that she still has a potty mouth. And the voice of an angel. I hope she brings her guitar like last time and sings some songs for us. If I'm not passed out, I'll be listening. It should be tons of fun.
Dino Archie

That's tonight from 11 to midnight on CFRO, 100.5 FM, in Vancouver. And you can livestream it, which is how I'll be listening, by going to coopradio.org.

No comments: