Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Oct. 23: Steve Bays

Tonight rock 'n' roller Steve Bays joins the 5-timers club. Coincidentally, while in a Gastown tourist shop this very afternoon, I heard his band, Mounties, playing over the speaker. Last time he was with us, I heard him playing at a coffee shop the same day. Kismet, baby. But his other group, Hot Hot Heat, just released their latest and last album and it's fantastic. So we'll talk about that, play a couple of tracks for you, and I'll find out why they say this is their last album and why they're not touring it. Maybe I'll convince him to keep the band going. I'll do my best. We'll also talk comedy because Steve is a huge comedy fan who has composed music for various comedy shows.

We're on the air at 11 pm on CFRO 100.5 FM in Vancouver. If your old-timey radio is on the fritz, you can livestream us at coopradio.org.

No comments: