Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Monday, January 16, 2017

Podcast episode 443ish: Nancy Robertson

It's not often you get Nancy Robertson in studio for an hour of free-wheeling conversation, so no matter how sick I was, I was going to be there. And I was sick. Usually the guest and I will sit in the same room but on this night I quarantined myself in the control room and had Nancy sit in the studio. But boy was I golden-throated! Best I've ever sounded; worst I've ever felt. After the show, I drove home and slept for 30 of the next 32 hours. Fun times! Robertson, as everyone knows full well, is best known for her role as Wanda on Corner Gas. We talked about that, how she started in acting (learning from one of the finest cowboy thespians in the business), and her formative years improvising with the Vancouver TheatreSports League. We also got into her love of obscure British TV series, her dislike of her new slow cooker, and her loss of respect for me for having not seen so many classic movies.

Here she is. You just need to click the button below to start listening to Nancy with the laughing face. Or you can download the show at iTunes or Stitcher or similar places. (NOTE: I just tried the button and it took 45 seconds before the audio started playing. Not sure if that's just my machine. Individual results may vary.)

No comments: